Building data products and services based on machine learning models and robust data engineering. In order to enable this transformation customer is building a cloud data lake in Microsoft Azure.
The team consist of data scientists, data engineers and data consultants, whose primary purpose is to help the company by building data products and services based on machine learning models and robust data engineering. In order to enable this transformation, we are building a cloud data lake in Microsoft Azure.
What will you do as a data scientist?
You’ll be responsible for extracting more value from our rich data sources, for applying machine learning and for building data products and services. You will find a great diversity of data and problems to work on and work closely together with the business stakeholders and data engineers.
• Be responsible from ideation to production for data science projects
• Define algorithms and models to create new data products and services
• Code and test new algorithms for prototype and production applications
• Identify product ideas, define hypotheses and validate them with data analysis
• Translate data into meaningful insights, both for our users as well as ourselves
• Translate models and analysis in visual and understandable presentations for both technical and non-technical audiences.
Your added value
As a next-generation professional you have a clear vision, courage and focus. Innovation and agile working are an absolute priority. You improve yourself every day so that you can be the best. You are introspective and resilient. You believe that creating a good atmosphere is essential for a successful, respectful and welcoming workplace. Your natural approachability enables you to connect with people. You are passionate about your work, and are curious and open to new developments, with a mindset keyed to possibilities and opportunities.
Competencies and skills
• MSc or PhD with excellent academic results in the field of Computer Science/Machine Learning and/or Mathematics/Statistics are great, but if good working background and results prove your perseverance, curiosity and data-driven mindset we want to meet you as well.
• Analytical and content strength (in DS/DE work field): sees which DS techniques apply to the business problem at hand, able to structure the approach.
• We are looking for good programmers (python a must) ad willingness to learn more languages if needed.
• Fluent in English is a must. Knowledge of the Dutch language is a plus.
• We are looking for people that can explain ML-models to a non-technical audience.
• Entrepreneurial, responsible and with a contagious level of enthusiasm.
Have experience with
• Machine Learning algorithms and how to implement these on complex data sets. You have a good understanding of the main ML-algorithms like Random Forests, Neural Networks, Logistic Regression, dimensionality reduction techniques, clustering techniques etc..
• Programming Languages: Python (a must), R. Scala are a pre
• Confident in at least some of these tools: Spark, Hadoop (ecosystem), Hive, Impala, Airflow, Sqoop.
• Database handling: SQL/no_SQL. Graph databases are a plus (fi Neo4J)
• Visualisation tools: Python’s Matplotlib, Bokeh. D3.js, ggplot, and Shiny are nice to have.
• Leading and supervising projects with several other data scientists and engineers.
• 5+ years of experience as a data scientist required.